Parents Code of Conduct
Through submitting the membership application for my child, I have accepted the Terms and Conditions of membership whether I have actually read them or not, and I am therefore subject to the Club's rules, and to the rules and regulations of the organizations to which the Club belongs.
- I agree to support the LNDYC in requiring players to abide by the Players Code of Conduct.
- I will not, under any circumstance, shout abusively at my child or any other child.
- I will set a good example for my child and his/her teammates
- I will refrain from commenting on the shortcomings of ANY player.
- I shall do my best to teach my player to become a student of the game.
- I will not coach my child or any child from the sideline during the game.
- I will only make positive comments to the players and it is understood that coaches (and not parents) shall provide instructional input during games.
- I understand that spectators are to take the side of the field opposite the teams; spectators will remain at least 3 feet behind the sideline.
- I will respect the officials and their authority during games and I will never question, discuss, or confront coaches at the game field, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed time and place.
- Support the coaching staff in their efforts to have a POSITIVE and ENJOYABLE experience for all. Remember that all coaches are Volunteers.
- I understand that abusive, unruly or other inappropriate behavior may result in my being asked to leave the field and upon further review may result in my membership being revoked.
- I understand that misconduct/inappropriate behavior by the sidelines can result in my child’s coach being cautioned (yellow card) or removed (red card) by the referee which could result in substantial fines assessed to the coach/ club and/or the game in question being forfeited.
For the sake of all the children, please set a good example and encourage positive, appropriate behavior from your sidelines.